The earl grey gives this cake its lovely golden colour and adds just the right amount of subtle flavour. This is one of those cake recipes that you can whip up without too much stress. You don't have to measure too accurately and stress about exact amounts because the recipe will turn out just fine - AKA the perfect cake!
• 1 cup almond milk, boiling hot
• 3 Governor's Estate Earl Grey Tea bags
• 1/2 cup oil (coconut oil or light olive oil work well)
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar
• 2 organic free range eggs
• 1 cup almond meal
• 1 cup gluten free flour
• 4 tsp baking powder
• A handful of raspberries or fruit of choice
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and prepare a Bundt pan by greasing the pan, set aside. You can bake this cake in a regular cake tin, just be aware that the baking time will vary slightly.
2. Boil the almond milk if you already haven't and add your earl grey teabags into the milk to steep. Let sit for a good 10 minutes, or until your milk is nice and caramel in colour.
3. Pull out a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour and baking powder. Stir to combine.
4. Add in the eggs and follow with the oil (melt coconut oil if using) and finally the earl grey tea milk. Mix well, the dough will be a rich golden colour - perfect!
5. Pour 1/4 into the prepared pan, and evenly add some raspberries. Continue to add batter followed by berries until all mixture and fruit has been used up.
6. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Once the cake has baked, let it cool for about 15 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate, and sprinkle with beetroot powder, cacao powder and finish with a drizzle of coconut icing or melted chocolate - if you'd like!
7. Serve with a side of tea (obviously!)